Parents, we invite you to send your youth ages 8-16 to our fourth outdoor Youth Bible Camp. This time we will be engaging in an in-depth study of the life of Abraham at Lindisfarne Camp near Timaru. Campers will study Genesis 12-25 for 15+ hours during the week and engage in group discussions of what they have learned. In the process, they will learn inductive Bible study skills we hope they will use the rest of their lives.
In addition, we will be eating great food, singing, praying, hiking, and sharing our talents with one another. Great friendships are always made at our camps, and we've got a great team of adult leaders who really care about the campers.
As a reminder, campers from previous camps will need to have completed past workbooks in order to attend this camp.
If you've got any questions, please contact us. If you're ready to sign up your youth, please do so at the link below.
Topic: Genesis 11-25 - Becoming a Friend of the Faithful God: A Study on Abraham
Begins: Monday, April 13, 2019, at 4 pm
Ends: Friday, April 17, 2019, at noon
Location: Lindisfarne Camp, near Timaru
Cost: TBD (please pay to Firm Foundation NZ at 02-0888-0137025-083)
Camp Directors: Jeff Coleman and Rudy Van Niekerk
Important Info for Parents
- Parents must arrange transportation for campers to/from camp.
- Parents should send along baked goods or a packet of biscuits to help with morning/afternoon tea/supper.
- Please make sure campers bring adequate clothing, a Bible, colored pencils, and a 2-ringed binder. The complete list of items to bring is below.
- Campers should arrive no earlier than 4 pm on Monday, April 13.
- Tea will not be provided on the first day of camp. So campers should arrive at 4 pm with something to eat or having already eaten. Supper will be provided that evening.
- Parents may visit the camp at any time but should donate a proper amount if they eat a meal with us. Parents may be able to spend the night if prior arrangements are made. A donation for the night's stay is expected.
- Parents are encouraged to arrive back to camp at 10 am on Friday, April 17. We will be doing a quiz competition and prize-giving at that time.
- Parents and campers are expected to help clean up camp around noon on Friday, April 17. Camp cleanup should be finished around 1:30 pm.
What to Bring
- Two-ringed binder (senior campers only)
- Colored pencils
- Pencil sharpener
- Musical instruments
- Small backpack
- Water bottle
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen (30+ SPF)
- Headlamp with batteries
- Required medication
- Short-sleeve tops
- Long-sleeve/thermal tops
- Thermal bottoms
- Athletic shoes/hiking boots
- Wool/fleece cap and gloves
- Coat/rain jacket
- Swimwear (no bikinis, please)
- Fitted sheet
- Sleeping bag or blanket
- Laundry bag
- Pillow and pillowcase
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Feminine products
- Towels (2)
View our camp videos!
Genesis Parts 1-2 | Berwick | October 2019
Acts Part 2 | Raincliff | April 2019
Acts Part 1 | Glenburn | October 2018
Mission, Vision, Core Values
To inspire, equip, and encourage hundreds of Kiwi youth to study the Bible every day so they will continue to do so for a lifetime.
- To lead multiple youth camps and workshops every year for the next 30 years.
- To inspire hundreds of Kiwi youth to engage in daily Bible study.
- To equip youth to become the next generation of church leaders in New Zealand.
- To provide a great experience for campers so they will want to come again and invite their friends.
Communication. Communicate effectively with leaders, parents, campers, and donors.
Excellence. Strive to do all things with excellence.
Simplicity. Keep things simple, reducing stress on all involved.