Our mission is to partner with South Island churches and ministries in the areas of conversational evangelism, inductive Bible study, expository Bible teaching, and biblical worldview training, with the goal of seeing hundreds of Kiwis believe in Jesus and become spiritually mature disciple-makers, all to the glory of God.
Jeff grew up in Salina, Kansas, USA, and trusted in Jesus at a youth camp as a boy. After university, he met and married Averil, a Kiwi, in 2008. He and Averil now have five children. Jeff served as a lawyer with the U.S. Air Force from 2007-2014, and then studied theology at Dallas Theological Seminary, where he graduated in 2016. He and Averil moved to Timaru in 2017 to found Firm Foundation New Zealand. In 2019, the family moved to Dunedin. Jeff is passionate about Jesus, the Bible, evangelism, and developing young Christian leaders. Jeff and Averil are active members of Cornerstone International Bible Church, and Jeff continues to serve as a Reservist in the U.S. Air Force.
Averil grew up in Timaru and trusted in Jesus as a young girl. She later graduated from Teacher's College at the University of Canterbury in 2000. She then served as a teacher for five years at an orphanage in Chiang Mai, Thailand, where she met Jeff. The two were married in 2008, and they now have five children. Averil enjoys homeschooling, leading inductive Bible studies, and mentoring mums and young women. She is passionate about home education, making disciples, and inductive Bible study. The family moved from Timaru to Dunedin in 2019, and she and Jeff are members of Cornerstone International Bible Church.
Our Focus Areas
- We share the gospel in a friendly, conversational way at public locations in Canterbury and Otago.
- We train believers how to share the gospel through seminars and workshops.
- We assist local churches in conducting evangelism campaigns in their own communities.
Inductive Bible Study
- We lead weekly inductive Bible studies throughout the year, covering all books of the Bible.
- We conduct weekly youth Bible studies and holiday youth Bible camps in Otago and South Canterbury.
- We train inductive Bible study facilitators in Otago and South Canterbury.
Expository Bible Teaching
- We preach from the Old and New Testaments during Sunday and other services at churches throughout the South Island.
- We conduct seminars and workshops on books of the Bible and areas of theology.
- We are available to serve as guest speakers at camps, conferences, and retreats.
Biblical Worldview Training
- We run biblical worldview and apologetic talks in Timaru and Dunedin.
- We train believers how to think biblically in all areas of life through seminars and workshops.
- We aim to run a biblical worldview academy for youth in Dunedin.